The new pandemic law came into force on 2021-01-10 and allows a maximum of one person per 10 square meters in training facilities. The gym at Olympen Trainingcenter is just over 500 square meters, the group hall just over 200 and the spinning hall 60. This means that the previous limit of 30 people in the gym and 16 people in the group hall is sufficient to meet the requirement. In order to further reduce the spread of infection we have implemented the following measures
- Cardio-machines have been temporary blocked to increase the distance
- Gym maps with zones and additional signs in each zone have been printed to show how many are allowed to stay in each zone
- The spinning hall is currently out of use as only 6 people are allowed in that hall
- Entrance to grouptraining (except WOD) will from Saturday (2021-01-16) go through the emergency exit in the spinning hall to avoid passage in the gym. Remember to get your ticket at the main entrance so you’re not risking a crowd at the reception.
From February 1, those who train in the gym without being booked in the app will be suspended for two weeks. This is for everyone’s best since the booking system only works if everyone follows it and when it works it is a great help to avoid congestion. In addition to this, we of course encourage you to stay home in case of symptoms, wash your hands and equipment, keep distance and complete your workout as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Yesterday new general advices due to Covid-19 was introduced in our region. We therefor remind you to not visit us when you are ill. We also ask you to wash your hands both before and after your workout and clean all equipment after use.
Due to the new restrictions we will implement some changes:
All ballsports are cancelled.
We will decrease the number of participants on all our classes. In the grouptraning room there are also new marks at the floor where your box or yogamat shall be placed. It is important that we follow the marks to keep the distance between the participants. It is also important to keep the distance in the spinning and therefore it is not allowed to move the bikes.
We will set a limit of how many participants that are allowed in the gym. To make sure that this is followed we will set up a system for booking your spot. More information about this will be sent out to all members with an active gym membership.
We kindly ask you to not use the dressing rooms and to stay in our facilities no longer then necessary.
These changes will be active until the 26th of November, but can be extended. All updates regarding covid-19 will be posted on our website.
Together we can do this!
We really like to see that you continue to come and do your workout at Olympen trainingcenter. Of course we want to offer you as good exercise as possible under the regulations set by our authorities. The Public Health Authority believes that physical activity is good for public health and therefore believes that all sports and training should continue. We want you to feel safe knowing that we work in consultation with the authorities and that we follow the general guidelines.
Olympen trainingcenter is not affected by the restriction of maximum 50 people at public gatherings, public place such as a gym, restaurant or shopping center are excluded from this restriction. However we want to be one step ahead and follow this guideline anyway which means some adjustment
As you probably noticed Olympen trainingcenter has already made some adjustments to cope with the situation and to follow the government and the Public Health Authorities decisions. We are now going to make the following adjustments to reduce the number of people at Olympen:
- You need to get your ticket 10 min before the class starts.
- More group training classes outside
- We will put more time in between classes so a class have time to exit the building before the next come in. Note that our classes will begin at odd hours like 16.55, 18.10 and 19.15
- New entrance to the Spinning room thru the back door. How to get to the new entrance: If you come from the gym/reception, go down the stairs towards the dressing room. When you get down the stairs turn to the left and walk towards Akropolis. You will come to a T-junction, turn left again and straight ahead you got the new entrance. The door is locked but the instructor will open it for you before class.
Olympen trainingcenter wants to continue being a wonderful meeting place but special conditions calls for special action and we therefore ask you to:
- Stay at home if you feel the slightest hint of being sick. We’re still here when you’re healthy!
- Wash your hands before and after your training
- Clean the equipment before and after you’ve used it
- If you need to sneeze or couch do this in the bend of your arm
- Leave the building when you have finished your workout
- Change and shower at home
We at Olympen training center just wants to say thank you for your help during this time!
The Public Health Agency of Sweden states that exercise and sports are beneficial for public health and these types of activities should continue. Sports practice does not need to be cancelled and gyms and exercise grounds can continue their activities. VUGI and Olympen träningscenter follow these recommendations and our gym will remain open.
VUGI and Olympen träningscenter are not affected by the ban against public gatherings of more than 50 people, which was presented by the Swedish Government on Friday, March 27. The ban does not include gatherings in public places such as gyms, restaurants or shopping malls. Hence, our gym remains open as usual.
VUGI and Olympen träningscenter have already made further adjustments the gym activities based on the decision of the Swedish Government and we have a high level of readiness to act as the Public Health Agency of Sweden updates its recommendations.
Our opening hours are 5am-11pm, but we kindly ask you to visit the gym before 4pm or after 8pm if possible, as most members visit our facilities between 4-8 pm.
We still understand that you are worried. But don´t forget that Swedish Public Health authority tells you to continue to exercise and be physically active.
We remain open as long as the Public Health Agency of Sweden or Linnaeus University doesnt oblige us to close. Of course, we work to ensure safety as much as we can and will therefore make some changes.
As of today, we will replace some of our group training classes with other similar workouts and some classes will be adjusted. Bootcamp will be replaced with similar workouts and Circle will have a different layup. Box is cancelled. We do this changes to minimize the sharing of equipment during our different classes. After each session you will, as before, be given the opportunity to clean your equipment with disinfectant spray. We also encourage you to bring your own equipment if it is needed and you have it.
When it comes to our ball sports we will make sure the team-vests have been washed before every class.
What Olympen is doing to stop the spread:
- Door handles, buttons and handrails are being disinfected daily
- The number of spray bottles have increased and they have been filled with alcohol solution
- The general cleaning of the gym has increased
- Group training have smaller classes and the participants are given time for cleaning implements
- Continuously following the situation and the recommendations from the National Sports Association, the Swedish Healthcare Guide (1177.se) and the Public Health Authority.
What you as a member can do to stop the spread:
Stay at home if you are ill!
If you have any respiratory symptoms at all, even if they are mild, you should limit your social contacts in order not to infect others. Symptoms of infection are respiratory symptoms, like fever or cough. Even if your symptoms are mild it is important that you stay at home. Remain at home for a couple of days extra, also after you have stopped showing symptoms.
Do you have symptoms?
In case you are showing any symptoms you should call the health services (Vårdguiden) on +46 1177 in Sweden. You should not visit a health care centre, instead always contact the health services on + 46 1177 first.
Are you worried?
If you have general questions or is worried about the corona virus and the disease covid-19 you should call +46 113 13 in Sweden.
How to prevent infection
- Avoid shaking hands when greeting people.
- Avoid touching your face. The virus is transmitted through mucous membranes in eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cough and sneeze in a paper or in the bend of the arm
- Clean the machine or implement you have used with our spray bottles and paper
- Wash your hand often with soap and hot water. Infectious matter easily sticks to your hands. Therefore, wash your hands often with soap and hot water, for at least 30 seconds.
- Always wash your hands when you come to the trainingscenter and when you leave. Also do this when you come home, to work or to school, before you eat and after a toilet visit.
- If you recently visited any high risk zone, stay at home until you are sure you’re not infected
It is important that you stay up-to-date and remember that you are always responsible of your own health. Keep track of the information published on The Public Health Agency of Sweden’s website, see links below.